ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kendrick vs Drake
ModSocks 09:50 AM 05-06-2024
Has anyone else been following this? I started paying attention when Kendrick Lamar dropped a diss verse on Drake in Future's new album, "We don't trust you".

There's been a flurry of rappers dropping diss tracks against Drake these past few weeks which include Kendrick Lamar, Future, Metro Boomin, Rick Ross, A$AP Rocky etc.

But this Kendrick vs Drake thing has been one of the most entertaining things in hip-hop in a long time. These dudes are getting real, real personal. Haven't seen something like this since pac vs biggie and even that wasn't this drawn out and personal. These guys are trying to end each other's careers. Pedo accusations, molestation accusations, accusations of hidden children...shit is wild.

I'll do my best to list the tracks and the subsequent reaction tracks in chronological order, focusing on Drake vs Kendrick:

[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:47 PM 05-07-2024
I care about the british royal family more than I care about this.

Good rap died about 15-20yrs ago.

Both artists are crap.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:49 PM 05-07-2024

Have you heard of Wikipedia? They have a wider range to show how just absolutely ridiculous it is to claim Mr Morale was a “flop”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:03 PM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
It’s a new website called google. People use it to search for things before they come across as ****ing imbeciles in the 21st century. Is there a website somewhere that’s going to have Drakes latest album rated higher than Mr Morale? I’ll wait…
What a gay ass response "Google said it was better"
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:04 PM 05-07-2024
So according to Pond of Red Mr Moral is better than Reasonable doubt because it has a higher rating on Amazon reviews

Jesus fucking Christ just :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:09 PM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I care about the british royal family more than I care about this.

Good rap died about 15-20yrs ago.

Both artists are crap.
Wrong good shit gets dropped almost weekly
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:23 PM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Wrong good shit gets dropped almost weekly
All of Drakes stuff is crap. Kendrick Lamar on the other hand.... also 38 Spesh puts out good stuff.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:26 PM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
All of Drakes stuff is crap. Kendrick Lamar on the other hand.... also 38 Spesh puts out good stuff.
I like some of drakes stuff I like some of Kendricks stuff. Kendrick is the superior rapper

And yes 38 spesh is absolutely ****ing dope. So is Roc Marciano, Body James, anyone really anyone in Griselda really
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:35 PM 05-07-2024
I’m just trying to figure out the justification to call it a “flop” Kendrick has never had a flop. I don’t know where ThaVirus is trying to claim that Mr Morale was a flop. Maybe he was thinking of another album or something, but the album went platinum, was the top selling hip hop album of the year, and was highly rated across the board. Can you show me where ANTHING shows the albums as being a flop? I was just using Aubrey for comparison to show why it’s sometimes important to think about your album before just releasing garbage.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:39 PM 05-07-2024
I’m just trying to figure out the justification to call it a “flop” Kendrick has never had a flop. I don’t know where ThaVirus is trying to claim that Mr Morale was a flop. Maybe he was thinking of another album or something, but the album went platinum, was the top selling hip hop album of the year, and was highly rated across the board. Can you show me where ANTHING shows the albums as being a flop? I was just using Aubrey for comparison to show why it’s sometimes important to think about your album before just releasing garbage.
Yeah I don't know how one can consider if a flop. Personally I did not enjoy the album but I'm not going to pretend that it wasn't the most talked about album when it came out. Drake on the other hand hasn't had a good album in like 3 years (I personally enjoyed CLB) but Kendricks catalogue blows Drakes out of the water
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:26 PM 05-07-2024
This shit is so crazy! J Cole made “7 minute drill” (which honestly might be one of the best diss tracks out of all of them) as a **** you to Kendrick. He later apologized on April 7th at his Dreamville festival. If you listen to Heart Part 4 at the end Kendrick says that he has until April 7th to apologize. That was 7 years ago. J Cole is a thought out mother****er too.

“My spot is solidified if you ask me (what else?)
My name is identified as "that king"
I'll let y'all worry about a list, I'm on some other shit
A difference between accomplishments and astonishments
You know what time it is, ante up, this is in forever
Y'all got 'til April the 7th to get ya'll shit together”
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:38 PM 05-07-2024
This shit is so crazy! J Cole made “7 minute drill” (which honestly might be one of the best diss tracks out of all of them) as a **** you to Kendrick. He later apologized on April 7th at his Dreamville festival. If you listen to Heart Part 4 at the end Kendrick says that he has until April 7th to apologize. That was 7 years ago. J Cole is a thought out mother****er too.

“My spot is solidified if you ask me (what else?)
My name is identified as "that king"
I'll let y'all worry about a list, I'm on some other shit
A difference between accomplishments and astonishments
You know what time it is, ante up, this is in forever
Y'all got 'til April the 7th to get ya'll shit together”
Love J. Cole. Personally I enjoy him more than Kendrick. Drake is a poser, but who cares. He puts out some good music, but I'm sure he pays well for it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:21 AM 05-08-2024
Legit lol

Do you have a source for this claim? Nothing I’ve found puts Mr Morale in even the top 3.

Highest Selling Hip Hop Albums of 2022 (via HitsDD)

1.5m - Future - INLY
1.4m - Lil Durk - 7220
1.3m - Drake - CLB
1.2m - Doja Cat - Planet Her
1.2m - Gunna - DS4
1.2m - Kendrick - MM
1.0m - Drake & 21 Savage
1.0m - Lil Baby - My Turn
913k - Kendrick - GKMC

GKMC a decade old..

— Hip Hop By The Numbers (@HipHopNumbers) January 1, 2023

Yeah I don't know how one can consider if a flop. Personally I did not enjoy the album but I'm not going to pretend that it wasn't the most talked about album when it came out. Drake on the other hand hasn't had a good album in like 3 years (I personally enjoyed CLB) but Kendricks catalogue blows Drakes out of the water
It didn’t have legs. That’s basically the number one sign of a project’s success whether it be music, movies, etc.

Check this out. Highest selling rap albums of 2023. Notice Mr Morale is completely missing.

Highest selling rap albums so far in 2023 👀💿

527k - Heroes & Villains
465k - Her Loss
304k - It’s Only Me
218k - I NEVER LIKED YOU
201k - My Turn
199k - Certified Lover Boy
199k - Good Kid m.A.A.d city
175k - Goodbye & Good Riddance
174k - Curtain Call 2
167k - DAMN.
167k -…

— Hip Hop All Day (@HipHopAllDayy) March 18, 2023

The album was a flop commercially because it wasn’t good. Even his fans know it.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:05 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Legit lol

Do you have a source for this claim? Nothing I’ve found puts Mr Morale in even the top 3.

It didn’t have legs. That’s basically the number one sign of a project’s success whether it be music, movies, etc.

Check this out. Highest selling rap albums of 2023. Notice Mr Morale is completely missing.

The album was a flop commercially because it wasn’t good. Even his fans know it.
Haha so you admit it was Mr Morale you were trying to talk about. That should seal the fact that you’re either trolling or musically reeruned. Sorry, I forgot you’re an old man so you think sold CD’s are what most people are going off of now. Most people are streaming music now. That’s why the album “with no legs” was the top streamed album on Spotify in 2022. You’re trying to argue semantics to make it seem like it didn’t do numbers for some reason. You’re trying to use J Cole’s song (which he said is the lamest shit he’s ever done for a reason) as justification but even Jermaine admitted he was wrong and Kendrick’s discography is ****ing untouchable. Kendrick hasn’t ever had a flop. Look at the comment on the first tweet you posted. It’s literally at the bottom talking about how fucking impressive it is for Kendrick to have GKMC in the top 10 a decade later. When’s the last time Aubrey had an albums with that many “legs”?

The trolling is getting old. You realize you’re the only one making these arguments in this thread for a reason right? I don’t have time to explain why lyrics and being thought out is important to making a hip hop album anymore. It’s obvious you’re an Aubrey dick rider who listens to radio pop over hip hop. It’s like talking rock and roll with a ****ing Swifty at this point.
[Reply]
Katipan 07:20 AM 05-08-2024
Evidence suggests you have time.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:47 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Evidence suggests you have time.
:-) touché Katipan. Touché!
[Reply]
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Up