ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 72
« First < 21616768697071 72 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pittbulls kill 2 year old and 5 month old
TripleThreat 02:38 PM 10-08-2022

Originally Posted by :
Two young children are dead and their mother suffered major injuries after two family dogs attacked a baby and toddler outside their West Tennessee home.Kirstie Bennard, 30, suffered critical injuries when she tried to intervene in the attack on her 5-month-old boy, Hollace Dean, and 2-year-old girl, Lilly Jane, family and police said.

"She put her body on top of Lilly’s to try and protect her after the attack started," Bennard's uncle by marriage, Jeff Gibson told USA TODAY on Saturday. "Both (dogs) started attacking her while she lay on Lilly."The two children were pronounced dead when officials arrived at the home, the sheriff's office reported.

It was not immediately known what provoked the mauling.The mauling, Gibson said, lasted about 10 minutes.The dogs – two pit bulls that belonged to the family – were euthanized at Memphis Animal Services Thursday.

The family owned the pets, Cheech and Mia, for more than eight years without a violent incident, Kelsey Canfield, the mother's best friend, told Fox News.

"I can promise you those children were her world, and if there was any inkling of danger, she would have never had those dogs near her kids," Canfield told the outlet. "Those children were everything to them, and they just have a really long journey ahead."
Full Article:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/8219201001/

How do you feel about PittBull's? I posted this because my wife shared this story with me and my son was just recently participating in a "read to sheltered dogs" event where you could adopt a dog (I know brilliant).

I've heard the arguments that PittBull's get a bad wrap, but it seems time and time again they are the focal point of dogs who do these horrible acts.
[Reply]
Smed1065 04:15 PM 05-07-2024
Get of my lawn MM.... :-)
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 04:16 PM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Well, I don't carry a gun with me everywhere or a club or???. So I'm leaning heavily on the razor sharp SOG I always carry.:-)
Fat Cat?
[Reply]
Smed1065 04:17 PM 05-07-2024
Yall ever hear of a model 12. Dad gave it to me. Rumor is it might be valuable...
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 04:19 PM 05-07-2024
I carry this SOG clipped inside my right front pocket. It can be out and opened with one hand in a heartbeat. Either stab it or cut it's throat, it'll do the job.
Never mind.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 04:20 PM 05-07-2024
I have never seen a bigger bunch of bitches all scared of a dog in my entire life. Offseason sucks.
[Reply]
stumppy 04:53 PM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Fat Cat?
No, just an old Flash II. Been carrying on for the last 20 yrs or so. I think this is the 3rd one.

Damn, that Fat Cat is a fine looking knife.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:17 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That Beagle prob weighs like 25 pounds.

If you’re a grown ass man without a disability, you should have nothing to fear from a 45-pound Pit Bull.
This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this board.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:21 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
they're a set of lethal jaws with wings a brain set to kill mode, who gives a shit about weight

it's basically like running into a cacodemon

[Reply]
Fishels 01:03 AM 05-08-2024
My neighbors have these dogs and they have always been lovely to me but I’m definitely more careful around them than other dogs. Not a fit family dog for children IMO
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:30 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
they're a set of lethal jaws with wings a brain set to kill mode, who gives a shit about weight

it's basically like running into a cacodemon

Not only that, but dogs basically see humans in slow motion. Yes, a human man could survive a dog attack by fighting back, but unless they get absolutely lucky within their first couple of kicks or strikes, they are going to sustain a huge amount of physical damage.

And in the chaos of being attacked, it would take just a stumble, being off balance for a second, and you could end up on the ground, and that would not be good.

The pic in question shows dogs doing something extremely aggressive, which is scaling a fence to get to you. Dogs who want pets and belly rubs don't scale fences to chase you down. The chances of two pitties killing an adult human being have to be over 50%.

I don't know what an expert would say, but to me, if you have never seen those dogs before, or ever interacted with them before, run. I feel like the chances of reaching some type of shelter or protection are better than defeating two pit bulls in mortal combat.
[Reply]
Otter 04:25 AM 05-08-2024
I carry this SOG clipped inside my right front pocket. It can be out and opened with one hand in a heartbeat. Either stab it or cut it's throat, it'll do the job.
I'd still argue fixed but not a bad choice.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:39 AM 05-08-2024
“Mortal combat” :-) :-)

Y’all are a dramatic bunch.

Estimates online put the total pit bull population as low as 4m or as high as 18m. On average, 40 people are killed by dogs each year.

There’s no way there are that many poorly trained, bloodthirsty pit bulls who are lethal to grown men roving around with so few deaths each year. That math ain’t mathing.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:11 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
“Mortal combat” :-) :-)

Y’all are a dramatic bunch.

Estimates online put the total pit bull population as low as 4m or as high as 18m. On average, 40 people are killed by dogs each year.

There’s no way there are that many poorly trained, bloodthirsty pit bulls who are lethal to grown men roving around with so few deaths each year. That math ain’t mathing.
I didn't say anything about the number or volume of attacks.

Also, I said mortal combat because dogs who attack humans aren't just trying to hurt them, their goal once they start attacking is to kill.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 07:03 AM 05-08-2024
The story Clay posted was….. odd.

Weird insinuation her period provoked the attack.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:08 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I didn't say anything about the number or volume of attacks.
Well you can’t ignore it. CDC reports over 4.5 million dog bites each year. Sure, you can ignore a lot of them because they’re caused by Chihuahuas and Yorkies, but if pit bulls were as bloodthirsty and dangerous as many in this thread claim, there would be a hell of a lot more than 40 deaths per year.

Originally Posted by :
dogs who attack humans aren't just trying to hurt them, their goal once they start attacking is to kill.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 72
« First < 21616768697071 72 >
Up