ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Should NFL teams bring in Sumo as OL?
GloucesterChief 09:01 PM 05-07-2024
Looks at these sumo wrestlers stonewall Parsons on a slick sand ring. Coach up a few years and you could have great IOL at least I think.

[Highlight] Micah Parsons and CJ Stroud get another rep in with a Sumo Wrestler
byu/dumpsterfirefr innfl

[Reply]
Hydrae 03:36 PM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by Balto:
Well I'm pretty sure an international player does not count towards roster limit correct?

So just sign about 10-15 Sumo's and rotate them in and out haha
Well, each team only gets one international player on the roster exemption.

Also, the overall roster size increases by that one player but the game day roster is still the same size of active players.
[Reply]
seamonster 06:39 AM 05-10-2024
I don't know what these Sumo naysayers are seeing, that little fat guy stonewalled an elite professional NFL player (and an alpha). I'd sign at least two, probably three. Google search shows that they only make about 150K a year.
[Reply]
threebag 07:34 AM 05-10-2024
A swim move or a spin move would have sumo eating shit
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:00 PM 05-13-2024
The Kelce Brothers discussed this.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:15 AM 05-14-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
No Sumo wrestling is all about holding lol
So is the Chiefs OL.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:25 AM 05-14-2024
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
So is the Chiefs OL.
We plan to hold and go on to many more SBs
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:45 AM 05-14-2024
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
So is the Chiefs OL.
:-)

If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'...
[Reply]
loochy 01:26 PM 05-14-2024
Originally Posted by seamonster:
I don't know what these Sumo naysayers are seeing, that little fat guy stonewalled an elite professional NFL player (and an alpha). I'd sign at least two, probably three. Google search shows that they only make about 150K a year.

But Parsons doesn't play that way. He's fast AF and would get around that sumo in an instant.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 03:39 PM 05-14-2024
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Get that tubby dude out on a football field and let's see him stonewall Parsons.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:42 PM 05-14-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
But Parsons doesn't play that way. He's fast AF and would get around that sumo in an instant.

Parsons thought he could out-muscle the sumo, and he couldn't.

But the point here isn't what happened in the video. It's about whether the sumo is big enough, strong enough, and athletic enough to play OL. Learning how to block, and getting into football shape are things that can be taught/trained.

But there's no question that a large enough sumo is enough of an athlete to block average NFL DLs. Also, their martial art is based on wrestling, so they understand footwork, balance, leverage, hand-fighting, etc. as well or better than most NFL OLs. They'd just have to be taught how to do those things within NFL rules and get their conditioning up to the point where they could play a game.

Still don't see it ever happening more than maybe once or twice, but whether they could or not? Imo, they could pretty easily.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up