« First < 6465253545556
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice under investigation for assault
Titty Meat 03:15 PM 05-07-2024
Yikes

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/ra...a-c96e8067163e
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:16 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think the peak of the Mahomes era might be right now. 2022-2026 might be the highest this franchise ever witnesses.

definitely a possibility...

back to back with a chance at at 3 peat has only been done a few times in history of the NFL.

No one has ever three-peated.

Theres only one team who ever went back to back two times, i believe and that was the steelers (correct me if I am wrong).

So -- For us to do BETTER than what we have already done and are doing now, would require us to either:

1) go back to back again at some other date

2) three-peat this year and then three peat at some other point

3) do something that is arguably better than 1 or 2, like win a bunch of superbowls that are non-consecutive but with a different set of players a few years down the road (maybe like brady did with the pats after he won his 1st two rings and had a few years of non champs)

so yeah...

basically to do even better than THIS would be really amazing.
[Reply]
DJay23 03:53 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless:
definitely a possibility...

back to back with a chance at at 3 peat has only been done a few times in history of the NFL.

No one has ever three-peated.

Theres only one team who ever went back to back two times, i believe and that was the steelers (correct me if I am wrong).

So -- For us to do BETTER than what we have already done and are doing now, would require us to either:

1) go back to back again at some other date

2) three-peat this year and then three peat at some other point

3) do something that is arguably better than 1 or 2, like win a bunch of superbowls that are non-consecutive but with a different set of players a few years down the road (maybe like brady did with the pats after he won his 1st two rings and had a few years of non champs)

so yeah...

basically to do even better than THIS would be really amazing.
9 teams have gone back to back
Packers in I and II
Dolphins in VII and VIII
Steelers in IX and X
Steelers in XIII and XIV
49ers in XXIII and XXIV
Cowboys in XXVII and XXVIII
Broncos in XXXII and XXXIII
Patriots in XXXVIII and XXXIX
Chiefs in LVII and LVIII...

Consider the 6 season span for the Steelers from SB IX through SB XIV.
They won back to back twice (no one has done that) so 4 Super Bowl wins, 1 AFCCG appearance, 1 Divisional round appearance, and 6 Division titles.

If the Chiefs win this year:
3 in a row (no one has done that) with 4 Super Bowl wins, with 1 more Super Bowl appearance, an AFCCG loss and 6 division titles.

This would be the greatest 6 year run in NFL HISTORY not just Chiefs history.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:16 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DJay23:
9 teams have gone back to back
Packers in I and II
Dolphins in VII and VIII
Steelers in IX and X
Steelers in XIII and XIV
49ers in XXIII and XXIV
Cowboys in XXVII and XXVIII
Broncos in XXXII and XXXIII
Patriots in XXXVIII and XXXIX
Chiefs in LVII and LVIII...

Consider the 6 season span for the Steelers from SB IX through SB XIV.
They won back to back twice (no one has done that) so 4 Super Bowl wins, 1 AFCCG appearance, 1 Divisional round appearance, and 6 Division titles.

If the Chiefs win this year:
3 in a row (no one has done that) with 4 Super Bowl wins, with 1 more Super Bowl appearance, an AFCCG loss and 6 division titles.

This would be the greatest 6 year run in NFL HISTORY not just Chiefs history.
Do you know which one of these teams came the closest to a 3 peat? I don't recall any of them reaching and then losing in the Super Bowl in quest of that feat.

And I know I could look it up. I'm just asking in case you already know.
[Reply]
Spott 04:22 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Do you know which one of these teams came the closest to a 3 peat? I don't recall any of them reaching and then losing in the Super Bowl in quest of that feat.

And I know I could look it up. I'm just asking in case you already know.
The 49ers in 1990 were really close. They were leading that entire NFCCG game against the Giants and then Montana got hurt and the Niners fumbled the ball just trying to run out the clock. Hard to say if Steve Young would have led them to victory against Buffalo, but they were 14-2 that year and had a pretty tough defense.

The 94 Cowgirls got to the NFCCG game but fell behind like 21-0 in the first quarter and never recovered. Without that poor first quarter, they may have gotten a fourpeat.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:30 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Spott:
The 49ers in 1990 were really close. They were leading that entire NFCCG game against the Giants and then Montana got hurt and the Niners fumbled the ball just trying to run out the clock. Hard to say if Steve Young would have led them to victory against Buffalo, but they were 14-2 that year and had a pretty tough defense.

The 94 Cowgirls got to the NFCCG game but fell behind like 21-0 in the first quarter and never recovered. Without that poor first quarter, they may have gotten a fourpeat.
Thanks!

I also see the Steelers got to the AFC Championship game after their 1st back-to-back, but lost to the Raiders 24-7.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:35 PM Yesterday
Here's some more...

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Looked it up the other day and noticed no team has made it back to the Super Bowl a 3rd time after repeating, and was curious what other teams have done and why.

Didn't dig too much into the why.... in a few cases, it was obvious from a coach or QB retiring or injured players. And sometimes football is hard.... several of these teams (not the Broncos, lol) were still very good.

Packers, '68, 6-7-1, didn't make playoffs, Vince Lombardi retired

Dolphins, '74, 11-3, lost divisional round @Raiders 28-26, 'Sea of Hands'

Steelers, '76, 10-4, lost AFCCG @Raiders 24-7, Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier both injured

Steelers, '80, 9-7, didn't make playoffs, aging team (many players retired after this season)

49ers, '90, 14-2, lost NFCCG vs Giants 15-13

Cowboys, '94, 12-4, lost NFCCG @49ers 38-28

Broncos, '99, 6-10, fucking sucked, horseface retired

Patriots, '05, 10-6, lost divisional @Broncos 27-13
And then as mentioned...

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
1990 49ers game was when Montana got knocked out. Ironically, that hit is how he became a Chief.

[Reply]
Coogs 04:38 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Here's some more...

And then as mentioned...

Thanks Bearcat!
[Reply]
Page 56 of 56
« First < 6465253545556
Up