ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Retirement Thread
Mosbonian 01:54 PM 04-04-2024
After the positive responses and congratulations on my Retirement thread, the idea came to me that there should be a thread that helps everyone prepare for the eventuality of retirement.

There were many great ideas, comments and great suggestions that came out of the conversation. What I would like to do is put this here as a repository for information for anyone who is:

One of the things I came to find out is that no matter how much I had thought I was prepared for retirement, there were still things I had not pondered or prepared for.

So this thread is for all your questions, comments, advice to help others that are close to retirement.

I mean....this board is about a year and a half away from being around for a quarter of a century, and many of us who have been around are there already.

So, please feel free to contribute!
[Reply]
Mosbonian 05:17 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by KC Dan:
I'm not gonna lie, I had those types of thoughts last month. But, I'm prepared for retirement and decided that me and my family deserve the best that I have left. The job just kept getting more and more in the way of that goal. Bottom line - I've never heard anyone on their death bed say " I wish I had worked more". That statement alone made my decision for me.
Excellent mentality....what time I do have left here on earth family deserves the best I have left.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 06:12 PM 05-10-2024
Since retirement, I’ve taken over most of the cooking. Been trying new recipes. Some I like, some not so much. But, that’s part of the process.

Made Shepherd’s Pie tonight. Pretty good, but I can see some alterations I’m going to make the next time.

Lord knows I’m never going to be a threat to Gordon Ramsey or Bobby Flay, but maybe I’ll make the cooking these proud one of these days.:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:23 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Excellent mentality....what time I do have left here on earth family deserves the best I have left.
yeah, I’m adopting this mindset and put it in my signature.

So, I retired earlier than planned. I still can have a great retirement. I also gained a couple of years of not working. When you are 65, time is worth more than money.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:12 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
Since retirement, I’ve taken over most of the cooking. Been trying new recipes. Some I like, some not so much. But, that’s part of the process.

Made Shepherd’s Pie tonight. Pretty good, but I can see some alterations I’m going to make the next time.

Lord knows I’m never going to be a threat to Gordon Ramsey or Bobby Flay, but maybe I’ll make the cooking these proud one of these days.:-)
Been doing that myself as much as possible...mostly the normal things...meatloaf, tacos, spaghetti and meatballs, baked chicken, etc. I am nowhere near as good as my wife but in the last month no one has had to go to the hospital.

Made a couple of cakes...both peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies....

But the hard stuff my wife is having to teach me.
[Reply]
andoman 08:02 PM 05-10-2024
Not a frequent poster here, but retired a few weeks ago. I got a ton of info on YouTube, starting with this guy (https://www.youtube.com/@joekuhnlovesretirement), although he can be a bit repetitive. Once you start watching retirement videos, the YouTube algorithm will recommend more, some good, some folks just like to blather on. But overall, still a good resource.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:36 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by andoman:
Not a frequent poster here, but retired a few weeks ago. I got a ton of info on YouTube, starting with this guy (https://www.youtube.com/@joekuhnlovesretirement), although he can be a bit repetitive. Once you start watching retirement videos, the YouTube algorithm will recommend more, some good, some folks just like to blather on. But overall, still a good resource.
Looks good. Been watching a lot of you tube videos like these to get my education level where it needs to be to make educated decisions about all this retirement stuff.
[Reply]
Katie 12:36 AM 05-11-2024
I want to go back to work, it was a lot less work.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up